Introducing P€OPLE ¥rom MAR$ conceptual art market platform. This video was screened at Eyebeam during Performing Change, invited by Paolo Cirio.
…the best result will come…
from everyone in the group doing what’s best for himself… and the group.
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
P€OPLE ¥rom MAR$ is an invitation-only service. We sell Art Videos, New media projects, Sound art and other type of File and Software based art by contemporary artists for low prices in Limited or Unlimited editions.
We share each sale as follows: 70% goes to the Artist, 10% goes to the Service and 20% is redistributed among all the active members. This project is for Artists, Curators, Galleries, No Profits, Artist-Run Spaces and Collectors.
P€OPLE ¥rom MAR$ is built around 5 main concepts:
- We sell digital media (new media, software etc.), sound art and video art (potentially lectures, talks, cutting edge publications) by international artists in a non-exclusive basis for low prices, like books or tunes. There are media born to stay unique like painting, marble etc. Others that must replicate (copy) themselves to exist. Think of books, music, cinema etc. Videos and above all Internet and New Media art are even more complicated because in many cases they keep morphing thanks to third party data and/or an interacting audience. To keep selling this type of art only in the way we sell a painting is a mistake.
- Formats are: limited or unlimited digital downloads for cheap prices (so a switch from the classic 5 + 1 galleries try to sell art videos) and physical editions (limited or unlimited, signed or unsigned. Physical can go in bundle with a Free version too). Average prices: under 10€ for downloads and max 200 € for a video in physical edition.
- We share 70% artist, 10% platform, 20% shared among all the users with at least 1 project on sale (this should happen once or twice a year). Since the platform is inclusive, Galleries, No Profits and Artist-Run Spaces can join too and invite artists to join and then take a cut from the Artist’s 70% on a specific project.
- The number of sales is public, this could sound controversial but it ‘s a sign Vs. the art world that hiding sale data, can embrace speculations activities.
- We use paypal parallel payments, so Artists (or other involved members) get money right away.
Link to the project: P€OPLE ¥rom MAR$